Local 150 Midwest Operating Engineers Headquarters Building | Countryside, IL
The list of superlatives to describe the Local 150 Midwest Operating Engineers Headquarters are endless. The outstanding second floor expansion, with lower-level and first floor remodeling are magnified by the striking window wall and granite exterior. The foyer and vestibule extends two-stories with granite and cherry paneling are extremely impressive. The conference room shown above redefines what a conference room is all about. In a nutshell, it’s a first class facility for a first class organization.
Local 150 Midwest Operating Engineers Pension Trust Building | Countryside, IL
To add a new 30,000 square foot second floor to an existing building in an of itself is very challenging. To expand footing, add screw piles and reinforce structural steel columns through a completely finished existing basement and first floor areas certainly adds to that challenge. Now mix in maintaining a water tight roof over 150 people utilizing this building during construction, along with fire exits and OSHA safety guidelines. This is what you have along with a beautiful new window wall and granite exterior for this outstanding remodeled and expanded facility.
Local 150 Midwest Operating Engineers Apprentice Training Facility | Countryside, IL
At over 300,000 square feet, this is the ‘largest training facility in the country boasting a list of features that makes this facility the envy of all unions. Construction features and highlights include the following.
- 300+ acres consisting including a seventeen acre lake for dust control.
- 9 tower crane training positions.
- Additional acres for mass grading training.
- 180′ x 300′ clear span operators arena for winter training.
- 84′ x 300′ asphalt training bay for winter training.
- 190 seat auditorium with a Carmon System with capability to demonstrate heavy equipment indoors.
- 30,000 square feet of equipment repair bays for maintenance and training.
- 30+ classrooms/lecture areas.
- Soils lab and welding training areas.
- Cafeteria and kitchen.
- Numerous offices.